Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kid Stuff

So we all were eating dinner last night, a big one for Katie's birthday, when Steve, a 4-year-old, announces with a concerned look on his face, "I have to go pee!"

His mom said, "Well, go ahead and go," as he was getting up to leave.

His five-year-old brother Robbie said, "Stevie, you should say 'I have to go to the bathroom.'"

Steve made no comment. I am unsure if this suggestion will make him any more refined as a person, as he generally has disdain for any kind of correction made to his behavior or his life whatsoever. Even stranger is the extent to which Robbie has become so polite. I am stunned! I had no idea he was that genteel because up until now one his greatest joys is to fart while sitting on your lap.

Now I will have to take my own game up a notch, just to keep from being embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment