Monday, May 11, 2009

Kid Stuff, Part II


Steve and his mom.

I didn't mean to let almost 10 days to go by between posts. It was a real mess at work and frankly doesn't show any sign of improving soon. But again it is Steve, my grandson, who forces me back to the keyboard. Some things must be shared.

Yesterday my wife went to visit at Liz's house. Steve was out in the driveway with a couple of the neighbor kids, and as Mary Ann approached he yelled to her "Grammy don't walk where it's wet. I peed there."

Mary Ann paused; on occasion, his parents have had to direct him to relieve himself indoors--not outside. So she said, "Stevie, why did you pee out here?"

He didn't miss a beat. "Because we needed a starting line for our race."

Apparently urinating on the driveway is more efficient than going to look for the chalk. OK. Good thinking, Steve. But as you get older please ask your Dad to leave some tape handy in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment