Thursday, February 12, 2009

Top Five

Lists are fun to make and compare. I suppose every man has a list of his five or ten most beautiful famous women. So here is my top five, with a few pre-requisites. I decided they all have to be over 35 with no visible tattoos or piercings. That way they are at least a little enduring. I also decided to exclude any women with whom I am personally acquainted. They are all much more beautiful anyway and don't have the financial resources to provide publicists, nip-and-tuck surgeons, personal trainers, personal assistants to do stressful things, makeup artists, chauffeurs and bodyguards, etc., all of whom keep celebrities looking great in one way or another.

Anyway here they are:

1. Alisyn Camerota, host on "Fox and Friends" Fox News morning show. Not sure who she is? Watch sometime early on a weekday. She is a real, actual person with a family and no scandals, messy public divorces or pictures circulating of her getting out of a car not wearing underwear. Very clever, lots of personality, always classy.

2. Jennifer Aniston, actress. She makes the list on the power of her looks alone, but I suspect she must be a little difficult with whom to be in a relationship. But c'mon, what woman wouldn't want to look like that?

3. Heather Locklear, actress. My first wife. One of the most stable Hollywood types until a few months ago. Something happened and she wound up with a DUI. The thing that struck me was that in her mug shot (which was of course plastered on every celebrity magazine cover) she looked better than most women you see on TV who have had hours of hair and makeup work.

4. Leeza Gibbons, talk-show host. She used to do play-by-play for the Miss Universe contests and was more glamorous than most of the contestants. She had her own show for a while, and always looks and acts classy.

5. Cindy Crawford, model. Yep, she still has it.

I wouldn't trade for any of them. We have our battle scars and quirks and we've earned them all. I have it made. And save yourself the trouble of telling me Amy Winehouse should have been on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment